It’s on. Tomorrow (friday) at 11 am we’re having a ground breaking party at the Bowie House. The sono tubes will be put in the ground by the pros. Come join us for oooohs and aaahhhhs and coffee, cookies, and hot chocolate. You can:
- Walk around my still chaotic from Christmas house and get an idea of what we’re adding on
- Look at the building plans on paper if that kind of thing makes sense to you
- Check out the materials list in case you know anyone who can donate materials
- Bring your favorite 4 year old boy who will love to watch the digger
- Meet Aidan (he’s adorable)
- Leave your name on an “I can help build this” contact list
- Check out the super cool secret fun thing I bought for groundbreaking
I leave you with this: We need less than $9k to finish phase one of this project. Every bit helps: cash donations, time, materials. We’re building community and there is room for everyone. If you’re not sure how building a house and building a community are related, let me share this – an elementary school girl made a donation as a gift to a very special teacher. She also drew Aidan a beautiful card. What matters to her teacher, mattered to her and she found a way to say she cares. A woman witnessed her community come together to build an accessible addition for her dad when he was injured years ago. She contacted me and said she wants to pay it forward and help out. This is just the beginning of our stories coming together.
I hope you’ll join us in this community.